Joanna Baker & Marnie Nietscke
At Everyday Nutrition Jo and Marnie are passionate about digestive health. As Accredited Practising Dietitians they both have a depth of knowledge and experience. They now work exclusively in IBS and food intolerance and a great source of inspiration and advice.
Founder of A Little Bit Yummy, Alana knows what it is like to live with IBS
The founder FODMAP Life, a Certified Nutritional Consultant and Author of Everything Low FODMAP
A lifestyle blogger and author of The FODMAP Friendly Kitchen
The FODMAP Certification
The FODMAP Friendly program is designed to enable consumers with symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) who are following a Low FODMAP diet to easily identify and select suitable packaged food products. They have some great resource links on their site also.
And for a heavier read:
- Shepherd SJ, Parker FJ, Muir JG and Gibson, PR Dietary triggers of abdominal symptoms in patients with irritable bowel syndrome- randomised placebo-controlled evidence Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2008;6(7):765-771 http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1542356508001511
- Halmos, EP, Power VA, Shepherd SJ, et al. A Diet Low in FODMAPs Reduces Symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome Gastroenterology 2014;146(1)67-75
- Ong DK, Mitchell SB, Barrett JS, Shepherd SJ, Irving PI, Biesiekierski JR, Smith S, Gibson PR, Muir JG. Manipulation of dietary short chain carbohydrates alters the pattern of hydrogen and methane gas production and genesis of symptoms in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. J Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2010 Aug ;25(8):1366-73
- Barrett JS, Irving PM, Gearry R, Shepherd SJ, Gibson PR Comparison of the prevalence of fructose and lactose malabsorption across chronic intestinal disorders Aliment. Pharmacol. Therapeutics 2009;30(2):165-74
- Shepherd SJ, MCE Lomer and Gibson PR Short-Chain Carbohydrates and Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2013;108:707-717
- Gibson PR and Shepherd SJ Evidence-based dietary management of functional gastrointestinal symptoms: The FODMAP approach J. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2010; 25:252–258
- Gibson PR and Shepherd SJ Food Choice as a Key Management Strategy for Functional Gastrointestinal Symptoms Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2012; 107:657–666
- Staudacher HM , Lomer MCE , Anderson JL et al. Fermentable carbohydrate restriction impacts on luminal bifidobacteria and gastrointestinal symptoms in a randomized controlled trial of patients with irritable bowel syndrome . J Nutr 2012 ; 142 : 1510 – 18 .